Friday, July 15, 2011

Guilty Pleasures

 

1.  Reading way, way late into the night, or way early into the morning, depending on how wonderful the book is.  I am guilty of reading some books until my eyes literally burn with pain.  For this type of reading I recommend:
  • Outlander by Diane Gabaldon
  • Timeline by Michael Crichton
  • Anything by Janet Evanovich
  • Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
  • Harry Potter
  • My Sister's Keeper by Judy Piccoult
  • ANYTHING by Barbra Kingsolver
  • Especially:
  • Animal Dreams
  • Prodigal Summer
  • Poisonwood Bible
  • The Davinci Code by Dan Brown
  • The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell
  • Les Miserables by Victor  Hugo
  • Count of Monte Cristo by Victor Hugo

2.  Watching really good movies is a delight to me.  It's like melting chocolate on my tongue.  Again, guilty of staying awake faaaaaaaaaaar into the night to watch something that feeds my soul.  I have a huge fan of foreign film.  From my faves of American and foreign film I recommend:

  • Chocolat
  • Harry Potters
  • Lord of the Rings
  • The Cuckoo, Russian "Kukushka"
  • The Gabbeh, Iranian, "The Rug"
  • Devdas, Indian
  • Kuch Naa Kahoo, Indian, "Say No More"
  • Swades, Indian, Patriot
  • Umrao Jaan, Indian
  • The Clay Bird, Bangladesh
  • Travelers and Musicians, Bhutan
  • Zwartboek, German, "The Black Book"
  • Osama, Afghan
  • Malena, Italian
  • Il Postino, Italign, "The Postman"
  • Monsoon Wedding, Indian
  • Johan, the Netherlands
  • What's Eating Gilbert Grape
  • Creation
 ...Like that.

So, these are a few of my favorites.  The reason I am too sedentary. 
These days, we're all walking and riding more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!