Monday, October 22, 2012

I am my Child's Inner Voice

atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent
I have come to the frightening conclusion
that I am the decisive element. 
It is my personal approach that creates the climate.
It is my daily mood that makes the weather. 
I possess tremendous power 
to make life miserable or joyous.
 I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration, 
I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. 
In all situations, it is my response that decides…
~ Goethe
 
We were all at the pool today and the kids were entertaining themselves by imitating Jerry and I, by saying things that we have said. It was a real eye opener! I was shocked with the things that they said to portray me! Small comments I don't even remember saying... Everything they said was said in a joking manner just to tease me with myself.

I would say, "Oh! I don't say that!" They would both look at me with that look...that oh YES you did say this, Mum look.

Things like:
FUCK THAT!
(YES, that IS the first one they said!)
You're Beautiful.
Let's talk about it.
You can tell me anything.
OH FUCK!
You love me so much!
I'm going to kiss your whole face!
I want to be with you to talk.
FUCK!
You are always learning!
Come over here and hang with me.

Wanna talk?

Well, not perfect, but *smile* I'm glad to know that they don't have the same messages in their heads that I do!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wanted to write more here, but I have writers block on this subject.
Maybe I'll come back and add to it...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you like this post you might also enjoy:
How I Planned to be as a Parent

3 comments:

  1. We role played a while back with my nieces and their honesty was quite interesting. Apparently I often answer requests with a no and my husband with a yes, ha-ha! :) Danica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH! I meant to say that!
      Because I'm the "YES" person and my husband is the "NO" person.
      HEY, it's good to have balance! LOL

      Delete
  2. LOL. I don't want to know what my kids would say that I say.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!