Monday, October 29, 2012

Tell Me What You Know





Curiosity is the very basis of education 
and if you tell me that curiosity killed the cat,
 I say only the cat died nobly.
~ Arnold Edinborough   
 Who dares to teach must never cease to learn.
~ John Cotton Dana
Imagination is more important than knowledge. 
Knowledge is limited. 
Imagination encircles the world.
~ Albert Einstein 

 It is important that students bring a certain 
ragamuffin, barefoot, irreverence to their studies; 
they are not here to worship what is known, 
but to question it.
~ J. Bronowski, The Ascent of Man
I cannot teach anybody anything, 
I can only make them think.
~ Socrates 

 Education is an admirable thing, 
but it is well to remember from time to time 
that nothing that is worth knowing 
can be taught.
~ Oscar Wilde

The only person who is educated 
is the one who has learned 
how to learn and change.
~ Carl Rogers

I'm not afraid of storms, 
for I'm learning to sail my ship.
~ Aeschylus

 The object of education is to prepare the young
to educate themselves throughout their lives.
~ Robert M. Hutchins

 You can educate yourself right out 
of a relationship with God.
~ Tammy Faye Bakker

 
The ability to quote
is a servicable substitute
for wit.
~ William Somerset Maugham
 I hate quotations.
Tell me what you know.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!