Monday, October 1, 2012

That's What Makes You Beautiful



I have been wasting some time tonight by reading through blogs and I HAVE to pass along some super fun blog posts.
Enjoy!

This blog, 42 Squeeze, is featuring this cool video called Hexaflexagon. You will want to watch it again and again!  Clever, mathematical, and brilliant. That's what makes her beautiful!

The blog Beautiful Life has a post called "I went to visit a Farm One Day" and, I swear, I felt like I'd been there! Well, I want to go there! This family just seems so ... beautiful!

On the blog I'm Unschooled. Yes, I can Write. has been a favorite of mine for awhile. I loved her post called "Making Transitions and Following Passions." I hope a kid of mine write something like this one day! Her strength and determination make her...attractive...beautiful!

Ever After, My Way is written by a very cool mom and I enjoyed her post on Thursday. Probably had something to do with being firm about needing friends who are supportive of her lifestyle choice. Standing up for one's self: beautiful!

And in Not So Sheltered, 19 yr old Katie talks about having been raised in a homeschool environment. Call me insecure (Ok, you're insecure), but it was great reading her blog! And that's what makes her beautiful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blogging is so important to me lately. I guess keeping this blog helps me to feel slightly tethered, when I'm also feeling so very disconnected from my life back home.  But at the same time, sometimes it makes me feel so very forlorn. We love Brisbane; it's beautiful! But we are all still quite lonely.

Making friends has always been a bit of a challenge for me, and the kids are struggling as well.

I won't kid you, homeschooling is very different here. Many families end up doing school-at-home kinds of programs and they are, therefore, very tied to their schedules and their homes.

My friends back home who know me well won't be a bit surprised to hear that I am working on developing a co op here in Brisbane.  Some very neat families are sounding enthusiastic about the project so far...we'll see how it goes.
So far, I'm guardedly optimistic.

In the meantime, we are spending FAR too much time at home. We do get out pretty regularly to explore. The weather here is astonishingly beautiful day after day and it calls a body out, that's for sure. We have plans on visiting many more of the area's attractions... We just can't help but wish we had friends to join us.

Also, we need some mail! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention! Good Luck on your co op in Brisbane! I know what you mean about spending too much time at home. We tend to do that too, but we have improved since we moved here this place just has too much to offer to let opportunities pass us by and I am glad for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there... wish we lived on the other side of the country so we could hang together in the beautiful Queensland sunshine. We're very much NOT school-at-home people :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!