Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Homeschool Atheist Momma

 








Are you an atheist homeschooler?
If you are, then I KNOW you have spent hours upon hours on the internet looking for guidance, like-minded people, curriculum, and support.

I've been thinking about this so much lately.  One reason it is so difficult being atheist parents is that, for most of us, we are first generation atheists.  We have no frame of reference, no common rituals, no role models, no easy fall-back positions, and VERY FEW homeschool materials to help us on our journey in raising ethical and educated children.

I admire all parents who take the difficult journey with their families because they feel that they must take the road less traveled.   So, for all parents on this labor of love, welcome to the journey.  Enjoy each moment.  Don't sweat the small stuff.  And blaze your own trail!

~~~~~~~~~~~

If you like this post you might try this one:
On Being an Atheist Parent
Or you may enjoy:
or this one:
Ten Homeschool Myths BUSTED by Homeschoolers

2 comments:

  1. Great points Karen.
    I think it helps a great deal just to know there are so many others out there in the same situation.

    It's great that you are so vocal about your atheism; I'm still too chicken on Facebook, but twitter is my friend! I say whatever I want :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!