Friday, November 30, 2012

'Tis the Season

I *will* say "Happy Holidays". 

Because I am disrespecting Christmas and Christians?
Absolutely and Resoundingly NO.  It is because I speak very deliberately and I use words and expressions thoughtfully and I choose to include all people I see in my good wishes.
When I say "Happy Holidays" I absolutely mean that I wish YOU and yours a very happy holiday of your choice.

Please, accept that certain parts of the media (Bill O'Reilly, for example) have created such fear of a "war on Christmas" that simply isn't there.  There is NO war on anything.  Only a desire to include all people and to spread well wishes to all. 
I can not know what your belief system is simply by looking at you.  And so I will always choose "being kind and respectful to all". 

I carry no attitude if you use "Merry Christmas" and I don't judge.  In your heart and with your words, do everything you can to *increase* the holiday spirit and values of LOVE and FAMILY and CELEBRATION.  Your religion of choice has much more "meaning" than that to you.  I'm happy for you.  Enjoy it and feel the warmth of it.  And know that people of other belief systems feel that exact same warmth and meaning in their beliefs.  That is why they believe it and practice it!

Fear less and love more!

And I do, most sincerely, wish you a Happy Holiday!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


3 comments:

  1. I concur! In fact, just yesterday, I was thinking about writing a post very similar to this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! And send me a link...I look forward to reading it!

      Delete
  2. A war on Christmas is just crazy. I mean, I'm an atheist and I say "Merry Christmas" or, when I'm feeling particularly British, "Happy Christmas." I don't really see why anyone is freaking out about this.

    ~ The Doctor

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!