I was surfing around on the internet, using Pinterest to take me from place to place and, somehow, unfortunately, I stumbled on a post called "10 Ways to Make Your Homeschool Day Run Smoothly" from a blog called The Homeschool Classroom. The author's name is roan.
Why do I say unfortunately? Well, let's look at the ten ways to make your homeschool day run smoothly that are mentioned in the blog post:
- I generally wake up after my son. He wakes up at about the same time as my husband. Bonobo usually gets online even before he eats breakfast. I'm certain that this is incredibly unhealthy for him and I would prefer that you NOT comment on this... Now that we are down here in Australia, he tends to call friends back home at this time and spends time talking with them and playing games together with them. (sometimes even Hide and Seek!)
- LOL I often don't know what is for dinner when I walk into the kitchen to make dinner.
- Routine? The truth is, Bonobo does far better with a routine; I'm sure he would benefit from one.
- We often have to go looking for our books each and every time we need them.
- Oh GEEZ! Again?! Bonobo asks me, almost every single night, "What are we doing tomorrow, Mom?" Sadly, my usual answer is "I don't know." He DEFINITELY would do well in Roan's house! Addendum: I just asked him about this and he said "NO, this doesn't bother me, why should it?"
- If someone calls, we are excited to hear from them!
- We use our computer for lessons much of the time, so this one doesn't work for us either...
- I do plan lessons for both Bonobo and The Doctor, but I'll bet my plans have no similarities to Roan's plans. I have a lesson book for each child and write their daily lessons for them. ...when I do it.
- Snacks? Yes, I often do provide a snack. It's lunch they have to get themselves! And
- Smile? Oh yes, I do!
But Roan is completely right:
Barely Out of Tuesday