Sunday, May 26, 2013

Cuddling Cures the Melancholy



I had a real eye opener this morning.
Last night I was reading and pinning and messing around on Pinterest and spent some time reading parenting clip arts.  Other stuff too...Aw, you know how it goes.  Anyway I read this particular piece of clip art and it just stuck with me how true it is for me.  Cuddling literally kills depression, relieves anxiety, and strengthens the immune system.

Well, Elizabeth was sitting there in a mood this morning.  She was stewing in one of those moods that are fairly unpleasant, negative, and happening alot again.  She was unhappy about something her brother did; she had only been in the room for ten seconds and she had a sneer on her face.
In fact, now that I reread that sentence, I see how I tend to view her tough times...STILL learning...

I got up, walked over to her, and hugged her wordlessly, thoroughly for several minutes.
She looked up at me, smiled, and all has been well all day today.  It is wonderful to see her able to move past those challenging moments and enjoy herself...
At this very moment she is folding clothes and laughing with her dad.

I'm learning.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

If you enjoyed this post, you may also like:  My Parenting Manifesto 
Or you may enjoy reading:  Her Face 
Or try: With Flaws and All 
Or try this one:  My Thirteen Tips for Parenting Your  Strong-Willed Child

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!