Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My First Recap of 2013



Stephanie at Life, Unexpected shared this with me 
and SHE got it from Icansaymama blog:


Joy @ i can say mama: 2013 Wrap up



I think this is a lovely way to wrap up the year, to remember the year by reminiscing about the good stuff and to shake off the not so good things in order to start 2014 with a full heart.  These questions are copied/paste from another site.


1) Gained or lost weight?
A little of both, mostly gained. Jer and I are planning on starting a weight loss program when we get home.

2) Predominant feeling in 2013?
BLOODY HAPPY!

3) Predominant feeling for 2014?
BLOODY HAPPY!

4)  Something you did for the first time in 2013?
Oh gosh, so many things!!!!!!  Saw whales, traveled to amazing locales, snorkeled, beach time, saw kangas and other amazing Aussie things, coral reefs!, New Zealand, little penguins, wonderful friends, and just a zillion other things!

5) Something you did again in 2013 after a long pause?
I started sketching and drawing again.

6) Something you unfortunately did not do in 2013?
I can't think of a thing!!!!!

7) Word of the year?
Family

8) City of the year?
Brisbane

9) Hair longer or shorter?
It's pretty darn long.

10) More or less money spent?
Hmmmmm...about the same, but in completely different ways:  TRAVEL!

11) Highest mobile phone bill?
We are on weird phone plans, so no more than $30 Aussie bucks, which are not the same as Monopoly bucks...

12) Hospital stays?
None.

13) (Fallen) In love?
MANY TIMES!!!!!!!!!!

14) Most called person?
My husband and my daughter and my mom

15) Whom did you spend the most beautiful time with?
Besides my family, it would be Maryvonne, Kerrie, and Ali!

16) What did you spend most of your time with?
Doing the laundry, chores, cleaning, blogging, reading, traveling, and being with friends!

17) Song of the year?
Home by Harrison Craig.

18) Book of the year?
Oh gosh, so many good ones!  I've read some great ones, but reading DaVinci Code and Ender's Game with John has been a blast.

19) TV show/movie of the year?
Tough call, but I'm going with The House of Eliot because Elizabeth and I loved it SO MUCH together!

20) Insight of the year?
I think it was Darlene that reminded me:  The kids will be OK!

21) Three things you totally could have done without?
Many Australian bugs
High costs in Brisbane
Twisted ankle

22) Most beautiful event?
A sunrise at Waipu Beach in New Zealand

23) More short-sighted or more far-sighted than 2013? 
We have been doing alot of living for TODAY as well as planning for our future.  So BOTH.

24) The most dangerous thing you did?
Nothing really dangerous..... 

25) The most expensive thing you bought?
 Opals!

26) The most delicious meal or food you ate?
My favorite restaurant has this delicious veggie risotto...

27) The best party?
TOUGH CALL!  But I have to go with a party that I didn't even get to stay at!  Kerrie had a party that was the absolute BEST for John!

28) The most important thing you wanted to convince somebody of?
Yeah, that whole Be Nice thing...

29) The most beautiful present you gave to somebody?
When we went home for a visit I enjoyed giving everyone beautiful things from Australia

30) The most beautiful present that somebody gave you?
A friend just gave me a gorgeous wooden box from Sri Lanka...  But I have been given such beautiful friendships and love.

31) The most beautiful sentence someone said to you?
I could not select just one thing.....  But the other day Elizabeth said to me, I could be very depressed, Mom, but I choose to not be.  I'm thinking that was about the best!

32) The most beautiful sentence you said to someone? 
I don't know!

33) How will you celebrate New Year's Eve?
We will stay at home.  Unfortunately I twisted my ankle and injured my foot a few hours ago and I'm stuck in bed with ice and an elevated foot.

34) What will you have for dinner?
Jer made a delicious sausage meal.

35) What drinks will be in your glasses to clink?
Water. 

36) Will you ignite any fireworks? 
Unfortunately no.  We had plans to go down to South Bank to see the fireworks on the Brisbane River, but now this ankle is keeping us home.  DARN!

37) What are you going to wear? Comfy or glamorous?
GLAM, all of the way.
And by glam I mean my comfy jammies and an ankle ice bag.

38) Did you have any resolutions for 2013? And how about 2014?
My 2013 resolution was to do more freelance writing.  I've finally done some work with the in the last few months.
2014:  We have decided we may go vegetarian.

39) What are your wishes for the new year?
That we stay healthy.  That we spend more time with Tim and Jess.  That we find ourselves truly HOME when we go back home.

40) In one word: 2013 was...THE MOST MEMORABLE AND HAPPY YEAR OF MY LIFE!
Ahem... SUPERFREAKINGFANTASTICALBRILLIANTLYSUBLIME!


Thank You to Stephanie for this 2013 Wrap Up idea!























No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!