Monday, December 30, 2013

Time4Learning

secular parenting humanist homeschool blog raising atheist skeptical freethinking humanist parenting
!<-- --="" addthis="" begin="" button="">

I have been contacted a few times by companies wanting to "partner" with my blog and I on products and services. I haven't really researched what this entails and have been happy being a small little blog out there... But Time4Learning used to be a place that I found useful when the kids were smaller and I might be interested in moving forward with "partnering" with them.  The commitment is quite minimal and all I would be doing is putting a small banner on my blog that leads to the Time4Learning website and a review of their products every so often.

I'm sure these companies cast around on the internet looking for homeschooling parents who blog...

I am no authority on homeschool materials.  Even though I owned and operated a small business where I sold homeschool supplies, in general my kids use textbooks rather than all of the curriculum out there. I don't know what to do about the offer from Time4Learning.

I'm terrible with all business decisions, just ask my small business!  LOL

I prefer that my blog be just a personal recording of the travels and journeys of my family and I but I think it would be fun to try writing product reviews, just to improve my writing skills and to give me a different kind of project to write.  I promise that if I do go ahead with this partnership or with any others that have come across my email I will limit them and I will also keep my regular blogging going. 

I have been working toward doing more free lance writing, though my time is quite limited these days and I think this might be one way to practice a different type of writing. I don't know.  What do you think??????  Would you do it if you were me?


6 comments:

  1. Well, I think if you are behind the product, you like it and have experience with it, if their products are still useful to you so you can make quality reviews, just go for it. If you're not passionate about it, just tell them no. I decided to have some reviews on my blog of products that really mean something to me, but would never review something that I'm not really interested in or that wouldn't be a fit for our life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm going to pass on it.

      Thanks for your input!

      Delete
  2. Exactly what Stephanie said :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say no. The world is becoming far too commercial. Can't we just read a blog without being forced to buy something or even consider buying it. I really dislike it.

    On the other hand, what do you get out of it? Is it just exploitation?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would do it, but then I personally think T4L is an Awesome program! We have used it for our kids, for years now. Still, even if I did not use their program, I still would. The reason why is because that is how people learn about different products, to try out. I know when I am reading Homeschooling blogs, I am looking for tips & ideas, etc. In fact, I learned about T4L through a Blog myself.
    I know you mentioned you used it when your kids were younger, I am not sure if you know this or not, but they recently added High School courses. Maybe check them out again before making a choice, that way you can feel better abut partnering with the. To be honest, in my opinion, I would not worry to much. Like you said, you have used and liked them in the past, and I mean they offer money back guarantees on their services. So, it is not like people will lose money, if they try them out through your site link. Anyways, I hope I have helped you in some way. I really do like your blog and they obviously did too ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!