I am still Homeschool Atheist Momma!
Atheist parenting secular, doubting god, secular homeschool
A few weeks ago I asked you for your favorite books and THANK YOU for those new titles! It is not too late to add your favorites either on that post or on this one!
I promised that I would post my favorites. Well, Lucky You, today is the day.
I have been far too busy to read lately, what with life and all, but reading is one of those touchstone things for me. I always get back to it.
Here are the titles that you have been waiting for!
Drum roll please...
My Favorite Reads of All Time, ime ime ime ime:
1. parenting book: The Over-Scheduled Child: Avoiding the Hyper-Parenting Trap by Robert Coles, Alvin Rosenfield, and Nicole Wise.
2. freethinking books: Nailed: Ten Myths that show that Jesus Never Existed At All by David Fitzgerald and A History of God: the 4,000 Year Old Quest Judaism, Christianity and Islam by Karen Armstrong. TOUGH CALL, though!
3. classic novels: How did you decide what I meant by "classic novel"? Mine are: Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, Candide by Voltaire, Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell, Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson, Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Dafoe, The Prisoner of Zenda by Anthony Hope, Civil Disobedience and other Essays by Henry David Thoreau, Lysistrata by Aristophanes, Les Miserables by Victor Hugo, Age of Reason by Thomas Paine, Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, and The Prince and the Pauper by Mark Twain.
4. fiction: All of the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich, Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy, oh gosh...too many.
5. kids' books: The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi, The Candy Shop Wars and Fablehaven by Brandon Mull, Isabel of the Whales by Hester Velmans, Holes by Louis Sachar, Where the Sidewalk Ends and The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein, Mandy by Julie Andrews Edwards, Thirteen Reasons Why by somebody....
6. sci/fi or other genre: Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card, A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller Jr., Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris,
7. all time reads
· Prodigal Summer by Barbra Kingsolver
· This Side of Brightness: A Novel by Colum McCann, everything by CM
· Timeline by Michael Crichton
· The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell
· The Source by James Michener
· Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
· The Count of Monte Christo by Victor Hugo
· Harry Potter, ALL by J.K. Rowling
·Galileo's Daughter and Longitude by Dava Sobel
Do you know what?
This is a fool’s errand and my memory is failing me.
Just go and read!
Just go and read!
You may also like this post: