Friday, February 27, 2015

You're All Heart

TMI
I've been absent for awhile for a very good reason.
For many years I have had weird arrhythmia and high blood pressure. I've been taking medication for is for decades already.

WELL, a little over a week ago I started having PVCs, or throwing PVCs as the medical pros say it. A condition where my Premature Ventricular Contractions kind of go against the normal pumping of my heart making me feel very light-headed and leaving me with a feeling of near-passing-out.


SO, with excellent response from my GP and my new cardiologist, I have undergone many cardiovascular/heart tests this week. Today I had a cardio cath, angiography, the procedure where they take a monitor and look inside of the chambers and arteries of the heart to find blockage.

I fully expected high percentages of blockage and I fully expected the need for a stent.


But guess what?!
I am blocked less than 10%, better than most people!
There was absolutely nothing going on there!
NO imminent heart attack, NO heart disease!!!!!!!!


With my lovely genetics I thought for certain that I was entering a very unhealthy downward slide.  But I'm not!

I still don't know what is causing the passing out sensation, but for now, I am honestly celebrating the knowledge of such healthy arteries!









YAY Medical Science!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I've missed your posts. Glad to hear you are taking care of yourself and that you have healthly arteries Hopefully, the "passing out sensation" will pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must be a relief! I hope you find the causes of what's going on. Thought I must ask... did you turn this in to a homeschool lesson with your children? Or am I the only one that sticks my x-rays and scans on the windows of my house to show the kids stuff! :P

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!