Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Ēostre and Ostara

secular parenting
I'm curious.

In our family the kids are pretty old, teens now, kind of old to really enjoy the family traditions of the Easter holiday. But when they were younger we had them wake up to a basket next to their bed full of gifty stuff and some candy and eggs to find in the yard or house. One year I remember that there was too much snow to hide eggs outside so the house would have to do.

We usually have family over for a nice ham luncheon and family games inside or out, weather permitting. It is a fully family holiday.


The kids used to open their little plastic eggs and count out the change and candy inside of each one. And I would be appalled with myself for the amount of candy that I had just bestowed on my children. 
OH, and I would steal their Reese's Easter Eggs.  MMM MMmm MM

What about your family?
Do you have any neat secular traditions that are unique to you?

This weekend on The Secular Parents show on the SecularTv Channel on Youtube, Sunday night, 8pm CST, we will be talking about the many ways to enjoy these spring days in our show called Celebrating the Spring Holiday.


Yes, I hope you will join us, but I would also love to hear from you here on my blog. 

What are YOUR traditions?
Inform me!

If you are interested in the show, join in on Live Chat this Sunday night at 8pm CST and share your stories, questions, and ideas for how to bring the fun and focus of these days of reawakening and rebirth to our families.



Ostara (1884) by Johannes Gehrts. The goddess flies through the heavens
surrounded by Roman-inspired putti, beams of light, and animals.
Germanic people look up at the goddess from the realm below.
Thanks to Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!