Saturday, February 20, 2016

My Atheist Memes and My Late-Night Angst

atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog
OK, so I love Pinterest and I love photo editing. Combined, they are the perfect storm for my late night moments of angsty atheism and meme making.

You see, often I find myself so frustrated with the state of the country, this conservative and Christian country in which I live. I get frustrated with the good people of this country buying the codswallop that is so very divisive. I am angry and frustrated with this fractious nation. 

Two sides, moving further and further apart.
No bridge in sight.

The distance that some Christians and other believers have to go in order to maintain both their beliefs and to maintain the stranglehold of power in the places of authority is staggering. Facts, reality, and evidence are actually suspect in this country that worships faith over knowledge. I sometimes feel as though I am living in a George Orwell novel or in a Twilight Zone episode.

We have a powerful political party in the United States that seems to reward blind loyalty, classism, racism, sexism, corporations over human beings, theocracy, reduction of personal freedom, the 1%, outright hatred of anyone different from wealthy and white, and overall extremism. How can so many adults in this country that I love support this??? What must a human being think to support this?

Anyway, in my small way, I am spreading my love of true freedom out there through my memes. I have created dozens of atheist and freethought memes that can usually be found on Pinterest. I'm posting a few here, just in case you haven't seen them. Many of the following memes are a single example from a series of posts that all have a similar appearance. If you go to Pinterest and look for atheist parent or atheist memes you will definitely start finding my stuff.

































...are wrong.










Too Much?




3 comments:

  1. I'm not a parent, but I love your blog! These memes are all great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG how did I only find you now? I know so many parents (ex-vangelicals) who would benefit from this. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!