Tuesday, December 5, 2017

A Fascinating Blog Post


Last night as I was laying in bed I wrote this excellent blog post in my head. It was hilarious and poignant at the same time. You know, a really fascinating post. I was lying there, writing it in my head, and chuckling at the humor of it all. There was even a subplot to the post idea. 
I was excited about the blog post idea because I thought that, surely my readers would be entertained by it, maybe some people would even leave a comment or two.

I had been super busy yesterday so I then fell into a deep sleep. I remember dreaming about the Serengeti Plain. Lots of large animals wandering about on this beautiful golden plain. A few spots of jungle foliage in the plain there for some reason... I couldn't seem to catch up with the large animals. No matter hard I looked, the behemoths were always out of range. But I was okay with this. 
It seemed to be mostly rhinoceroses. I've been kind of enamored with rhinos lately.

I woke up one time during the night to go to the bathroom and the writing was still with me; There was a bit of chortling as I thought about the funny parts of the blog post I was writing in my head. When I went back to bed I thought of something really interesting to add to my blog post. It was a graphic that I could see clearly in my mind, a graphic that both clarified what the post was about as well as adding depth and erudition to what I was planning on writing.

So I went back to sleep and had this dream about buildings. I think I was in large towns, one right after the other. The kids and I were just looking at the large cities as they wandered by, one of the cities was Chicago. Some of the buildings also had these darling small town-like store fronts. The kind with porches, tables and chairs, flower pots. Like that, think Mayberry. My overall feeling in the dream was delight in all things welcoming.

When I woke up this morning I was planning on writing the blog post from last night...but I couldn't remember a single thing about it. I gave myself a couple of hours and tried hard to jog my memory, but...nothing. So I guess I won't write a blog post today after all.



1 comment:

Leave a comment!